We invite you to nominate individuals, chapters, or other groups to be recognized for their noteworthy contributions at the upcoming 37th annual NABWMT Convention to be held in Reno, NV July 11-21. Your help and guidance as to who to recognize would be greatly appreciated. We are requesting nominations for awards to be given in the categories below.
- FOUNDERS AWARD: Recognizes individuals instrumental in starting NABWMT chapters, those whose consistent efforts sustain chapters, and/or those whose leadership has been instrumental in reviving chapters
- PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD Given to individuals working within the NABWMT or one of its chapters who have made outstanding internal contributions on behalf of the NABWMT Statement of Purpose.
- SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD Presented to individuals and/or groups who have made outstanding external (outside the NABWMT and its chapters) accomplishments in furtherance of the NABWMT Statement of Purpose.
- NATIONAL ACTION AWARD: Presented to a chapter and/or individual for an accomplishment with national impact in furtherance of the NABWMT Statement of Purpose.
- CHAPTER ACTION AWARD: Presented to chapters that have made outstanding contributions on behalf of the NABWMT Statement of Purpose.
- NEWSLETTER EDITOR AWARD: Presented to a chapter’s newsletter editor whose work demonstrates particular excellence as to form, content, style, and distribution. Note: To be accepted, nominations in this category MUST include a copy of the chapter newsletter and the name of the editor(s).
- WEBSITE AWARD: Presented to an individual or chapter whose internet presence demonstrates particular excellence as to form, content and style. Note: To be accepted, nominations in this category MUST include the website address and the name of the webmaster(s).
- CERTIFICATE OF RECOGNITION AS A MAJOR DONOR: Presented to an individual and/or organization that made a significant financial contribution to the NABWMT.
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: Presented to an individual whose life work and achievements exemplify (or exemplified) the NABWMT Statement of Purpose. Note: Because this is the NABWMT’s highest honor, nominators are encouraged to provide a detailed explanation.
We offer a limited number of awards to attend our Conventions shown below.
B. Chambers Scholarship
This fund was established by Dr. Sean Shumaker as a “call to arms” for today’s young mindful innovators. Further, the fund seeks to award outstanding LGBT students seeking to accomplish their dreams by making significant contributions in the LGBT communities. The award is $500, and is for full or part time undergraduate/graduate students. Also, high school students will be considered.
The Michael John Smith Scholarship
The Wendell Roberson Fund Scholarship
This is named in memory of the late Wendell Roberson of Chicago and serves a purpose similar to the Michael John Smith Fund insofar as it helps individuals with demonstrated financial need to attend the NABWMT convention. Whereas an award from the Michael John Smith scholarship fund covers some or all of the convention registration fee, an award from the Wendell Roberson Fund may be used to cover some portion of the key expenses normally incurred to attend the convention. Examples include transportation, lodging and/or meals. First priority for Wendell Roberson Fund awards is given to persons living with HIV who also have a demonstrated financial need. Second priority is given to persons not living with HIV who nonetheless have a demonstrated financial need. Wendell Roberson Funds are disbursed directly to the vendor (i.e. to the hotel or airline) or on a reimbursement basis for approved purposes (i.e. meals) upon furnishing valid receipts.