[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”Row”][et_pb_column type=”2_3″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
NABWMT Convention Scholarships Available!
Due to the generosity of NABWMT contributors, limited funds are available to help those in need attend this year’s convention. There are two types of assistance available:
The Michael John Smith Scholarship Fund (named in honor of NABWMT’s founder) helps individuals with demonstrated financial need attend the annual NABWMT convention, particularly so the recipient can take advantage of the educational programming at the core of convention’s purpose. Applicants may apply to have some or all of the convention registration fee covered by this fund.
The Wendell Roberson Fund (named in memory of the late Wendell Roberson of Chicago) serves a purpose similar to the Michael John Smith Fund insofar as it helps individuals with demonstrated financial need to attend the NABWMT convention. Whereas an award from the Michael John Smith scholarship fund covers some or all of the convention registration fee, an award from the Wendell Roberson Fund may be used to cover some portion of the key expenses normally incurred to attend the convention. Examples include transportation, lodging and/or meals. First priority for Wendell Roberson Fund awards is given to persons living with HIV who also have a demonstrated financial need. Second priority is given to persons not living with HIV who nonetheless have a demonstrated financial need. Wendell Roberson Funds are disbursed directly to the vendor (i.e. to the hotel or airline) or on a reimbursement basis for approved purposes (i.e. meals) upon furnishing valid receipts.
The ability to offer assistance primarily depends on the amount of funds available. Other factors are listed below. To apply for assistance, complete an application obtained via www.nabwmt.org. The deadline to apply is 2 July 2017.
Award notifications are usually made about ten days after the application deadline. Your application is confidential and will be reviewed by the NABWMT Co-Chairs.
To apply, please choose one method from:
1) Fill out completely the sort to the right and submit
2) e-mail your application to NABWMT Co-chairs Gavin Morrow Hall @ email@example.com or Scott Duty @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Send your application via postal mail to: NABWMT Scholarships, Post Office Box 3793, Hollywood, CA 90078-3793.
Applications for assistance will be evaluated based on the following:
* The amount of financial assistance you are requesting.
* The amount and ratio of resources you can provide or obtain versus the amount you are requesting from NABWMT.
* Your history with NABWMT and/or a local chapter organization.
* Whether you have received financial assistance from NABWMT in recent years.
* What do you expect to gain from your convention experience.
* Other personal factors that warrant consideration.
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_3″][et_pb_sidebar admin_label=”Sidebar” area=”et_pb_widget_area_2″ orientation=”left” remove_border=”off” background_layout=”light” /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]